Coronavirus Deep Cleaning
BRS is open for business as normal and we have implemented the recommended measures by the Government and UK Chief Medical Officers to help reduce the risk of infection in response to the Covid-19 outbreak. As a Deep cleaning services provider and Responsive cleaning specialists, we have a role and a duty to serve and to join the fight against Coronavirus.
Our professional ‘Coronavirus cleaning’ and Antiviral Sanitisation services can be used as a precautionary measure in the workplace or home, even if there are no suspected or confirmed cases.
Our COVID-19 Deep cleaning services include:
- Coronavirus Deep Cleaning, Disinfecting & Decontamination
- Back to work Deep Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Workplace decontamination
- Welfare Deep Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Construction site Deep Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Office space Deep Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Commercial premises Deep Cleaning & Disinfecting
We have used our industry knowledge and experience to source effective disinfectant products, including a range used and approved by the NHS. All detergents used are certified to BS EN 1276 standards – the European standard for chemical disinfectants. To pass this standard, products must prove a germ kill rate of 99.999% with a 5 minutes of contact.
Professional Virus Decontamination from a Certified cleaning company…
We are approved corporate members of the British Institute of Cleaning Sciences (BICSc) who are constantly keeping us updated and offering advice and instructions. This membership has proven to be very advantageous in recent weeks due to the Coronavirus pandemic and enables our company to continue to adapt to the evolving situation and to deliver a high quality deep cleaning service fit for the current climate.
Precautionary deep cleans for the construction industry… prevention is better than cure
At BRS we are following Government guidelines with regard to how we conduct our deep cleans during the COVID-19 pandemic and with regard to keeping our staff well protected.
We have responded proactively to the outbreak by arranging for our operatives to attend a 2 day specialist Enhanced infection control training course with a particular emphasis on the Coronavirus, in association with the BICSc, all of our staff have been provided with hand sanitiser, appropriate PPE and we have stocked up on disinfectant products in order to keep up with the increasing demand for our services.
New Government guidelines set out last week have stressed the importance of cleanliness in construction environments in order for sites to stay open. We are helping our existing construction clients, as well as new clients to meet the new legislation by carrying out regular deep cleans of their welfare facilities on construction sites, either on a daily or weekly basis depending on their requirements. We are also still continuing with our usual Builders cleaning works so that our clients don’t fall behind with their main projects.
Read our latest blog where we discuss our thoughts on the correlation between deep cleaning and the Coronavirus…
The importance of deep cleaning
The best way to stay safe and to prevent the virus from spreading is by keeping yourself and your premises clean. This is why it is all the more important right now to arrange for regular deep cleans to be carried out, and we would recommend that all construction sites and workplaces have at least one initial, thorough deep clean carried out as an absolute minimum, as a precautionary measure. It is much easier for a cleaning team to maintain premises that have already been deep cleaned and it therefore works out as a much more cost-effective solution in the long-term.
Proactive deep cleaning and Reactive deep cleaning services can be undertaken in a variety of environments, ranging from domestic houses to commercial offices and industrial premises, as well as the retail, education and public sectors. Instead of waiting for the event of a Coronavirus outbreak to occur within your organisation or home, what we would recommend is to first carry out an initial precautionary deep clean. After all, prevention is better than cure.
In general, a clean and hygienic environment goes hand in hand with a healthy family, workforce or population. Recent studies have even highlighted the links between cleanliness and positive psychology, a healthy state of mind and mental wellbeing. While we all still remain hopeful that the Coronavirus scare will calm down and that things will gradually resume as normal, the current threat of the pandemic should serve as a wake-up call to us all, as too many people are neglecting their cleaning duties and settling for second best where cleaning standards are concerned.
The Coronavirus outbreak is an important reminder to us all, of the importance of maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness, especially to those who have a duty of care, such as Employers/Business owners, Health and Education providers and Government institutions.
What does our Coronavirus deep cleaning service involve?
Our Coronavirus Deep cleaning service is a precautionary deep clean that involves:
- A thorough deep clean of the entire premises from top to bottom
- Sanitising and disinfecting of all areas and surfaces, substrates, fixtures, fittings, furniture, doors, door handles, till points, cashier desks, switches, sockets, handrails, banisters, doors, tables/desks, toilets, staff kitchen and breakout areas, offices, staff rooms, meeting rooms
- Special attention to touch points and high-risk areas
- Vacuuming of all flooring
- Professional clean of hard flooring with rotary/buffer machine
- Mopping of hard flooring with disinfectant product
- Washing all carpets with disinfectant product
- Subject to the individual client’s required scope, our Coronavirus deep cleaning can also involve window cleaning, high level cleaning, pressure cleaning, steam cleaning, wall cleaning and more
- BRS are licenced Environmental Agency registered waste carriers and so any potentially hazardous waste can also be removed from site
- For environments where there has been a suspected Coronavirus case, all materials and PPE will be immediately disposed of on completion of the clean, as per Government guidelines
- Precautionary deep cleans to construction sites (cabins, welfare areas, etc), workplace premises and schools are offered on a flexible basis, with no fixed contracts due to current uncertain circumstances
- Fair pricing, despite the increasing difficulty of sourcing disinfectant products and PPE, we are still doing our best to provide our service at competitive rates
- Full provision of our own cleaning equipment, products and PPE
- Competent, trained and experienced teams of cleaners
- Full site-specific and task-specific RAMS, COSHH assessments and data sheets supplied
Click here to find out more about our general deep cleaning service
‘Back to work’ Deep cleaning
Many workplaces have been closed for several weeks now, as many companies began initiating working from home policies even before the official lockdown had been announced. Concerns of the lasting impact of the Coronavirus on businesses and the wider economy are rife and more and more companies are eager to return to work. It therefore makes sense then, to begin planning for a return to work, as soon as is physically safe and possible. This will of course vary from industry to industry, depending on the nature of the works carried out. A critical step in the planning process for most workplaces will be the implementation of additional cleaning measures to ensure that the workplace is clean, safe and hygienic for its returning staff. It is important however that premises are not only given an initial thorough Deep clean, aka a ‘Back to work clean’, but that practices are in place to ensure regular maintenance is achieved.
For Our Back to work Deep cleaning we offer the following options:
1. Disinfection of all visible and accessible areas with fogging machine – this is the quickest solution and the cheapest, and also gives a fast turnaround meaning staff can return to work quicker. However, it is not as thorough as a deep clean. This is particularly recommended for large workplace premises.
2. A manual deep clean of all areas from top to bottom including disinfecting touch points by hand – this is the most thorough method but is also the most time consuming and is not always practical for large areas.
3. A combination of the above 2 methods – fogging of all visible areas with the fogging machine and then focusing on disinfecting touch points by hand – this is the method that we would recommend for most workplace premises as it is quick and practical.
4. Fogging of all areas combined with a thorough manual deep clean and further disinfecting of the entire premises by hand – this is the golden choice but is inevitably the most time consuming and thus the most expensive of these options.
Project focus – The Grange Hospital – Wales
One of the largest and most significant projects that we are currently involved with is The Grange University Hospital in Wales. Our teams of After Builders cleaners are working exceptionally hard, against the clock to assist our client, Laing O’Rourke, with handing over a large part of the hospital, much earlier than was originally planned, in order to provide vital extra beds to the NHS during these critical times. We are really proud to be a part of this project and to be able to play our part in the national fight against the Coronavirus and are doing all we can to meet our new deadlines.
Health and safety is at the forefront of our organisation (read more). BRS exist to provide a clean and safe environment for our clients, our clients’ clients and the general public. An unhealthy, unclean world is not a world we want to be part of, and thus it is our duty as a Deep cleaning services provider, an Employer, parents, role models and as ordinary citizens to play our part in the battle against the Coronavirus… and we are ready to serve!